I’ve just pulled a few batches of these out of the oven and I think I’m in love. Read: YUM!
Here’s what I did:
- Preheated oven to 350 degrees
- Tear off a section of parchment to paper to cover my baking stone
- Open a bag of already shredded cheese in an Italian Blend (includes Romaine, Parmesan, Romano and Mozzarella – and maybe one other cheese)
- Sprinkle the cheese on the parchment in about a 2 inch circumference. Make sure you don’t pile it up too thickly otherwise the center won’t crisp up. I maybe used 1 tsp of cheese for each crisp.
- Bake in the oven anywhere from 5 minutes to 10 minutes. I think using a stone required a longer bake time.
- Take stone out of the oven, remove parchment and place on cooling rack.
- Let cool and eat.
I think these have the potential of being addictive – very tasty. You can also add seasoning to the shredded cheese to give it added flavor. Supposedly these will crisp up hard enough that you could dip them in soft dips (artichoke dip or maybe salsa). I think I still have a few more trials ahead of me to get the texture right for dipping, but they are a super snack.
Give them a whirl! And thanks to Joyful Abode for the recipe!